Bible Verse of the Day: Keeping God First

Thursday, March 18, 2010

“You are STILL a Really Good Mom”

Those were Josh's words as he consoled me after putting Zakiah to bed.

Ok, let's rewind.

When Josh got to apartment from work, Zakiah was so happy to see him! It is like she knows by now when the door opens around 5ish, she knows daddy is back. She almost always crawl toward him and forget about me. So cute.

Such a daddy's little girl. I would know.

So daddy saw the boo boo and picked up his little girl to hug her and get a closer look. I felt bad and irresponsible because one of the last things you want to come back from a long day of work is seeing your baby got hurt (see the previous post). He took her by his job (works at a medical center) and was able to get one of his coworkers to get Zakiah all cleaned up and bandaged. Josh said that Z was a good sport while she was getting fixed up.

Hence the picture.

So when they got back, Zakiah was still being Zakiah as usual (which is of course a great thing). When I called her pediatrician shortly after the accident, the advice nurse told me to monitor her behavior to see if she starts to act differently. Not something I want to see but know it is something important to catch especially after a head injury. Like I said, all was normal all the way up to the time I put her to bed thank goodness!

Still cannot help to be a little paranoid though.

After I got her to bed, I was still SO upset at myself that I asked Josh if we can just pray right then for Zakiah. I had so many thoughts running through my head from Zakiah's accident that I needed comfort. As we prayed, tears just started to flow down. I just hope all will be ok.

Josh wiped my tears away (aw moment) and assured me it will be because God is looking over Z. Then a little while later, he told me I am a really good mom.

I love this guy so much!

He checked on Zakiah before he left for the night and said everything looks fine. He will come back in the morning to change her bandage and check up on her before going to work.

Hopefully the swelling will be down in the morning. I will keep you posted.

Pray for her please and pray for me.

Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. And you ARE a good mommy! Stop beating yourself up so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable! I remember when my son got his first boo boo... oh my goodness, I was in such a panic!

    It sounds like you are a caring, concerned, and very loving mom - she is blessed to have you. :)

    Thanks for dropping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it just the worst feeling in the world when you child gets hurt? It is a fct of life though... and a kid would not be a kid without those bumps and bruises... in fact I took my son in for his 15 month check up with scratches all over his knees and the doctor looked at them and said-- looks like a healthy kid!

    I am sure you are a great mom... I can tell, just by how you feel about her getting hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thanks Erin! I am not beating myself AS much today as I was doing yesterday. :) I am still paranoid and watching her every move (well almost...hehe).

    Thanks Rebecca! I am trying to be my all for her and just want to make sure she is protected. I guess it was bound to happen. I am just happy that it was her forehead instead of her eye or mouth. I cringe when I think of the other possibilities. But then I stop and just thank God she is ok now. I enjoyed my visit to your blog and hope to stop by again to catch your post about next week's Parenthood episode.

    @kbreints...It was a sinking feeling when your baby gets hurt. I mean, Zakiah has fell SO many times before but this time was different. It left a boo boo...a knot, a cut, a red swollen area. That's a first for me and her. It is a fact of life. However, I just wished it didn't happen right before I was going to schedule her 9th month pictures. LOL @ your doctor.

    Thanks to you beautiful mommies for leaving your sweet words. They made me smile and feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. You are a good Mom.

    Nothing brings me to tears faster than the memory of me holding my newborn in the hospital while shaking up one of those mini plastic cups of orange juice. It slipped out of my hand and bonked her head hard enough to leave a teeny bruise. Nothing like Zakiah's bump but I know exactly what you're saying.

    She'll be fine but you'll remember forever.

    You and Josh sound like a great team.

    Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @The Single Girl...You posted right after I responded to the other comments but thanks for visiting my blog and sharing your experience. I am glad I am not the only one who has felt this way before. And you are right, she is fine...happy and playful as usual. Today has been a very normal day. And you are right again...I will remember Zakiah's first minor head cut/bump forever.

    Thanks for the good mom compliment! I enjoyed my visit to your blog and will be back again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails