Bible Verse of the Day: Keeping God First

Friday, January 1, 2010

Wow, First Post of 2010!

This is huge for me since I never kept a blog active from one year to another. I guess it is not that hard when you have an ever so beautiful blossoming baby girl in your presence. Anyway, I want to wish all a Happy New Year! I don't think I mentioned it before (or maybe I did), but Josh and I came up with a motto to live by this year:

In It To Win in 2010!!!

Something about a new year that just makes you feel like you have a clean slate. It makes you feel like you have a chance to get your life back together again. I love this feeling. I am going to seize this moment. I am going to make a difference today.

I don't make out any more new years resolutions because I am already backed up with resolutions from previous years. No need to pile more on top of those.  Plus some of the resolutions I have made are usually carried on from year to year.  I will say that my main priorities are to:
  • strengthen my relationship with God
  • enjoy everyday as a gift from God
  • be a great mom to Zakiah
  • be a better girlfriend, daughter, sister, and friend
  • finish school
  • find a job
  • lose 40 pounds
  • take better care of my hair and body
  • move into a bigger space by the end of July
  • get my bowtique shop online open and running

I think I am going to post this list on my blog somewhere as a constant reminder of what my priorities are.  We all know how the devil can easily distract our focus from where God wants to take us.  I hope you all are ready for the new year.  Like I mentioned in the last post, 2010 is going to be a great year.  Go ahead and claim it.

The Bible Verse of the Day is SO appropriate for the new year.  Keep your eye on the prize.  Past mistakes don't matter.  It is how you get up from them and move forward that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails