Bible Verse of the Day: Keeping God First

Sunday, November 8, 2009

OMG!

***Will fix grammatical errors later***

Zakiah can roll from her back to her belly!

So, for the past week, I have been swaddling Zakiah very loosely to help with the weaning process. The goal is to be able to just lay her in her crib and walk out the room. No rocking, no swaddling, no anything but her sound device and her new blankie!

Anyway, how about last night, I placed her on her back, swaddled with her arm around her blankie (trying to get her accustomed to it). Well this morning, she managed to flip position in her crib meaning her head was where her feet were last night and her feet were where her head was. Not only that, she was on her tummy...OMG!!! Granted, I felt like she was on the verge of rolling over from back to tummy because most times when I wrap the towel around her after getting out the bath, it always seem like she is about to roll off the bathroom counter because she is twisting that waist and legs HARD from side to side. Last, but not least, the blanket used to swaddle her was wrapped around her waist like a tutu! LOL

I so wished I could have gotten a picture of her position this morning, but it was still dark in the room and I didn't want to turn the light on and disturb her sleep. It was so cute and funny at the same time!

She did fuss twice, I think, last night but settled within 5 minutes on her own. I guess she was busy repositioning herself and getting comfy. She has dropped her night feeds ever since she has slept in her crib so I rarely go into her room to check on her unless she has been crying for more than 5 minutes.

This is a time of celebration because she is one step closer to losing that swaddle. First she was double swaddled on her side in the sleep positioner. Then we ditched the sleep positioner and put her either on her side or on her back. Next, we took away the SwaddleMe swaddle and just used a lightweight blanket to wrap her up for the night. She has been adjusting to that very well and usually frees her arms by the time she gets up in the morning. But last night, like I said, OMG! LOL

Tonight I was like NO MORE SWADDLE! I fed her and placed her on her back in the crib with her little blankie, turned off the light, and walked out the room. She fussed for a few minutes and then there it was....SILENCE! It has been over 2 hours since she has been asleep and I am dying to see what position she is in right now. But I won't check...I am quite sure she is quite fine and comfy!

I am so proud of her...she is advancing so quickly. I guess the developmental ball is rolling. What is next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails