Bible Verse of the Day: Keeping God First

Friday, October 30, 2009

Zakiah Finally Gets Her Crib!

So, on Sunday, my dad came up to bring Zakiah the crib he has been working on for months. I was so excited for several reasons.


For one, Zakiah's bassinet is designed to hold up to 15 pounds of weight. Zakiah weighed 14 pounds and 14 pounds at her appointment on Friday. Clearly, she maximized the use of the bassinet and was truly time to move up to her crib. Talk about good timing!

Second, I always felt that the crampiness of the bassinet as she got bigger was affecting her nighttime sleep. For a long while, she would wake up precisely 40 minutes after being put into the bassinet for the night. This was so frustrating because I tried different was to help her overcome this but was unsuccessful. Since she has been in her crib, she has slept through that 40 min blip. As a matter of fact, she slept 10 hours straight the first night in her crib and 11 hours the second night. I was shocked! I had to check on her to make sure she was ok. That girl was so knocked out. The switch to a crib was definitely the solution to that issue we were having. She naps well and sleeps much much better. She is still swaddled because the jerkiness of her limbs still wakes her up. I really want to wean her from the swaddle because I don't want to have to buy the large SwaddleMe blanket. However, I can't rush it. I will try again next month to see if she can fall asleep on her own without being swaddled.

Thank you bassinet for your critical service! You won't be forgotten and hopefully I will see you again 4-5 years down the line. In the meantime, you can serve for another purpose until you are broken down and put away:


Here is Zakiah's very first time in her crib:

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails