Bible Verse of the Day: Keeping God First

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Cutest Little Wig Stand...

...and she wasn't too happy about it! LOL

So Josh's laptop has this malignant virus on it so I haven't had access to a computer some days now. In the meanwhile I will do my best with mobile blogging! I just hate that I am so backed up in my updates.

Zakiah is doing so much as usual. She loves to point at things, crawl OVER my legs, pull up on anything, and say dada like all the time! She is now doing this bouncing motion like she is dancing to her own tune. She has FINALLY figured out how to put her yogurt bites in her mouth by herself although she can be so messy. I must admit that I can't stand when things get messy during feeding time because it looks gross and I end up having to clean all that yucky sticky mess. But nevertheless, she loves her baby food and oatmeal. She is iffy about eating her stage 1 chicken and turkey by themselves but I can trick her to eating them by dipping the spoon with the meat with sweet potato or basically anything sweet and she will gobble it up. Today she ate her turkey with banana and strawberry baby food. Not my cup of tea but it works for her for now.
She is still on a great sleeping pattern. She sleeps from 730-8ish until 7ish in the morning. She loves her baths as usual but now she likes to pull herself up in the tub.

She is battling this pesky diaper rash for over a week now! I tried several things and just don't know what to do. Any advice, PLEASE?

So I am not sure I mentioned this before but Zakiah has 6 teeth. Yes, SIX! And we are still breastfeeding! OUCH! I never anticipated her having that many teeth so soon. And boy have they had a bite of the nip! She isn't a chronic biter but when she gets super distracted, she can do a slip up and give me a reason to cringe. However, over A period of time those bites add up! My nipples are so sore that it has been painful when she latches on.

My toes curl.

So I only been breastfeeding three times a day to allow some relief between feedings. I have given her formula for the first time yesterday in her oatmeal. It was only four ounces and she didn't notice much of a difference I guess. She tore the stuff up! I put a lot of cinnamon in it to try to mask the smell of the formula which Josh says smells like potatoes. LOL It sure doesn't smell nor taste good in my opinion but I needed to supplement until my nipples can heal. She is using soy formula since we don't drink cow milk unless it is cooked in something. We are avid Silk soy milk drinkers.

Um, what else? She is fascinated with cell phones. She starts to fuss sometimes when things are taken away from her. She is pretty much hitting all the milestones either on time or early. A lot of people say she will be walking in a month or two. Now that will be crazy.

Well I just wanted to do an update. I will try to do more mini updates from my phone even if it is just to post a picture. I miss keeping up with other blogs. Hopefully I will catch back up in due time. I feel like everything happens for a reason so with me not having a computer in front of me is helping me focus on my real life. The job hunt is getting better. I'm getting some responses with my resume which had a huge make over. Just need to continue to be prayerful that a great opportunity will come my way! With me reading a chapter of Proverbs every night, I have been more positive about a lot of things. I have been learning more about my faults and how to correct them through my Bible study. God is TRULY awesome!

Be blessed and enjoy your little blessings.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Great update! I can't believe about the teeth! But can totally relate because breastfeeding was like that from about day 3 on with Clint and I. We never learned how to latch properly so bleeding nipples caused a SERIOUS toe-curling effect from the get-go! Painful!

    She's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails