Bible Verse of the Day: Keeping God First

Thursday, February 25, 2010

8 Months Ago...

...from yesterday, we brought this beautiful itty bitty baby girl home for the first time. Had no clue how to take care of a newborn but knew we had to take it one day AND night at a time. Boy, in 8 months and over 12 pounds heavier, Zakiah has changed a LOT! Sometimes I miss the days when she would just sleep 20 hours a day because now she is so active and so into everything she should not be into. But I must admit that she is so much fun! Laughing, playful, joyful. I never foresaw this in the beginning.

It has been amazing watching her grow. Now she can point her finger, put things in my mouth, give me a kiss, bounce up and down to a rhythm, slap her hand on surfaces, get down off the couch feet first, cruise laps around the coffee table at record speed, understand when I say 'come here', temporary stop what she is doing when I say no no, and eat her finger foods SO much better. When assisted, she really has the walking motion down pat. It is only a matter of time! I guess I will keep practicing with her for the time being.

She hasn't gotten anymore new teeth in yet although six is enough and more than what some of her peers have. She is getting better with a cup although she has no desire in holding it for herself yet.

I think these are all of her highlights I can think of so far. Oh, she likes to poop while standing up. She makes this cute grunting sound and her face scrunches up. I caught it on video and it cracks me up every time I watch it.

Well, that's it. As you can see, it is real late. I have had problems sleeping for the past few days because I get tired around 8 right after putting Zakiah to bed, fall asleep around 9ish, sleep for 3 to 4 hours, and wound up wide awake. Very frustrating! I hope I can get back on schedule soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails