Bible Verse of the Day: Keeping God First

Thursday, October 1, 2009

She is Fully Back in the Swaddle

So last week, I said I was going to start weaning Zakiah from the swaddle little by little. Ha! Was that a joke! I think a big part of her waking herself back up is that she is outgrowing the bassinet. I don't know how much she weighs now but at her 2 month check up, she was over 11.5 pounds. She has to be at least 13 pounds now and her bassinet only goes up to 15 pounds. I tried for two nights to put her on her tummy to sleep but I don't think that would be wise in helping her transition from the bassinet to her crib later on this month. I think I will keep her swaddled until she is comfortable in her crib and then I will restart the weaning process.

She is getting stronger though. I did a youtube search on swaddling techniques and there are some awesome techniques out there. I currently have Zakiah double swaddled to help keep her hands inside the swaddle. So far, so good. We will see...

The Ultra Swaddle (so cute...and she is good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails