Bible Verse of the Day: Keeping God First

Monday, September 21, 2009

Not So Feeling the Photo Session Today

Okay, I just need to vent! So, today Z had a photo session this morning at the JCPenney. First off, I knew Z was just a little tired since she didn't get a little nap in before the session but that has not stopped her from taking great photos before over at the Kmart studio. The first put off, the studio was hot. Granted there were lights and umbrellas and other photography equipment but what happened to the A/C? It was not nearly as hot at Kmart. I was sweating literally within 5 minutes of being there. I think Z was getting a little uncomfortable with the warm environment also.

Anyway, I was not impressed by the photographers. These two young ladies were not as good as the photographer at Kmart. They did not interact with Zakiah to encourage her to smile for the shot. I mean, why would you take a picture of someone when they are clearly not smiling? The lady shooting the pictures was basically pointing and shooting. And she was only getting one or two shots per pose. She had me DTM (doing too much) by having my hands in the shot and taking a shot just of Z's feet. I wanted a nice full face on pose with Z sitting and showing off a big smile! Not all these random poses of her laying on her side, laying down, sleeping, and me holding her in the air. Z was clearly getting annoyed and started fussing. So much went wrong with this shoot.

When it came down to review the pictures, I already knew that my selection would be pretty slim. The young lady pulled up the 10-11 pictures taken and was trying to get me to purchase pictures I clearly did not like and made her aware I did not like. Of all the pictures, the photographer only managed to get ONE shot of Z slightly smiling. Not impressed with her skills. So ultimately I told them I did not want any of the pictures and that I may have to reschedule for another time. I was not paying for anything I did not like!

So I would say this was a bad experience this time around, but I will not say the blame was all on the women. I mean, maybe Z was just too tired and cranky to cooperate. Maybe it was just too early. Next time, I will schedule an early afternoon session instead of a late morning session to make sure Z can get in that little nap before a session. I am going to try to see if I can get a session in tomorrow at Sears for her third month pictures. Hopefully we will have a better experience the next time around.

On a better note, here are Z's first two months' pictures:

Month 1

Month 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails